Monday, April 11, 2011

Florence and the Machine, I'm speechless

I still can't stop playing Florence and the Machine's album "Lungs," a year and a half after I bought it. Florence has a huge, gorgeous voice. I fell in love with it and with Florence during a cold and patch of asthma. I admired her for celebrating her lung capacity and I wanted to sing along with her. The harp, drums and of course the lyrics on this album are all fantastic too. Death, love, it's all here.

I saw Florence live at the Kool Haus in Toronto a year ago and let me tell you: she sounds just as amazing live as she does on the album. Here's proof if you want it. This is my favourite live Florence performance of one of my favourite songs by her. Cosmic Love on David Letterman. Watch her face. She sees things. And as one Youtube commenter so brilliantly put it, "I can almost hear her smiling."

4 comments:

  1. She has a really powerful voice, it's beautiful! "Lungs" is an appropriate title :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the album too. "Dog Days are Over" is my shout it loud song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still cycle through this album from time to time. A great one, for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger - Ashley Ashbee

Blogger - Ashley Ashbee