Friday, March 8, 2013

What have I been up to?

What a great week!

I had a wonderful time interviewing folk-jazz musician Jessica Stuart about filming her latest music video, for Winter Warm, on the Scarborough Bluffs, a gorgeous location. I had an almost even better time writing about it! It felt so good to get back to my journalism roots and this experience has taught me that I need to get back to it, somehow. I love researching people's backgrounds and work and infusing the knowledge I gain into my approach to interviewing, and the questions themselves. I love stringing the information in my notes into a narrative.

Speaking of music, space blues musician Delta Will had an amazing concert last night to promote his debut ep "Transcendental Visits." His performance was, as usual, amazing and a lot of people came. I was happy for Charles and also very proud of myself because I helped him promote the show and his ep with Toronto blogger relations and a buzz marketing campaign. I was thrilled when he thanked me, among some really great people I know, after his set and, as I discovered this morning, in the album sleeve!

I also met with a really nice job recruiter and it looks like I will get an interview for a really cool paid public relations internship for a wonderful non-profit organization (not through recruiter).

I am so glad I identified these great opportunities to not only exercise my creative muscle, but to support causes and artists I really believe in.

This really makes up for last week. I slipped and fell on the ice twice in three days! I'm still sore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger - Ashley Ashbee

Blogger - Ashley Ashbee