Monday, May 27, 2013

Toronto Music: Jadea Kelly, Chloe Charles and more!

Toronto has a rich community of live/recording music artists. I've become a fan of several of them. Here are live performances of songs I'm listening to right now.

Jadea Kelly just released her album Clover last week. It's so beautiful! I like to listen to it on sunny spring walks.



Jay Pollock writes twisted metaphors, so it's natural that I like his music. He's also a great guitarist and a super nice and funny guy. He's going to record his second album very soon!



Chloe Charles recently released her album Break the Balance. Like her previous work, it's loaded with character and blends numerous genres. She's a courageous artist.



I love this song by Graydon James and the Young Novelists. It's very moving.



I feel like I play the Jessica Stuart Few's "Talk About It" every day, a track off their awesome new album Two Sides to Every Story. Jessica is super nice. I interviewed her a while back and wrote a piece about her experience filming "Winter Warm," her latest music video on the Scarborough Bluffs for Birch Cliff News, the community's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger - Ashley Ashbee

Blogger - Ashley Ashbee