Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Nordic Walking

I am strongly considering taking up nordic walking to assist my balance and posture and conserve my stamina, especially in my legs.

Photo by Carlos Gella/Flicker Commons
For those unfamiliar with nordic walking, its a simple walking exercise with ski-like poles. It's apparently a great full-body exercise because it makes your upper body work as you walk. You get the cardiovascular fitness of running or jogging without the high impact of running. It also looks really fun!

I have read that nordic walking is a fitness trend, but I've only seen the occasional senior using it.

Please share with me your experiences with nordic walking. I'd love your feedback to help me decide if this is right for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger - Ashley Ashbee

Blogger - Ashley Ashbee